School is a mandatory uniform school. Students are expected to dress in
uniform dress, as outlined below, reflecting pride in themselves and
their school. The dress code is established to help ensure an atmosphere
conducive to learning. A Uniform Assistance Program is available to
assist families with the purchase of uniforms. Please contact the
Volunteer Coordinator in the school office, or by calling 602-249-7210,
extension 5434, for more information or to receive an application.
Please go over these rules of dress with your child(ren):
Pants, slacks, shorts, skirts, jumpers, or skorts:
- Acceptable color is khaki.
- All uniform bottoms must be worn at the waist and be no more than one size larger than the child’s waist.
- All uniform bottoms must be hemmed; legs may not be rolled up or held up with rubber bands or other devices.
skirts, jumpers, or skorts must be of appropriate length (below the
fingertips when standing and no longer than mid-calf).
- Prohibited items: sweatpants, stretch pants, stirrup pants, athletic pants/shorts, spandex, corduroys, jeans, or denim fabric.
- Leggings are not acceptable.
- Acceptable colors are hunter green or white.
- Shirts must be collared polo shirts.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- Plain white undershirts only are acceptable. The arms of undershirts must be the same length or shorter than the uniform shirt.
- Brand logos or insignias should be no larger than a quarter.
- Belts are required for 4th- 8th grade students. Belts should be solid navy blue, black, brown, white, or khaki.
- The belt must be standard length (not hanging down).
- Belt buckles should be of standard size.
Backpacks are allowed for students in grades Kindergarten through
eight. If a student violates the backpack privilege by bringing a
contraband item or using their backpack in an inappropriate way they may
lose the privilege.
students are outside, students may wear coats, jackets, or sweatshirts.
Such outerwear must not exhibit words or symbols inappropriate in the
- Students must wear closed-toe shoes with support around the heel or ankle at all times while on campus.
items: flip-flops, shoes with embedded wheels, bedroom or house
slippers, athletic slides, shoes with spikes, cleats, chains, etc.
School Spirit Fridays:
spirit shirts or shirts representing Montebello or Alhambra sponsored
clubs may be worn with uniform pants, skirts, or shorts.
safety reasons, body and facial piercing is not permitted. Ear piercing
is permitted; hoop earrings smaller than a quarter, or earrings that
dangle less than one inch, are allowed. Gauging or spike earrings are not allowed.
must be within the color ranges of natural human hair. Extreme
hairstyles or coloration of hair will be subject to administration
- Moderate make-up and jewelry is acceptable. Extreme or excessive make-up or jewelry will not be permitted.
- Oversized clothing (i.e., pants that sag or drag on the ground)
- Headwear, including hats, caps, bandanas, hair nets, hoodies indoors
jewelry, outerwear, and other accessories which contain vulgar, lewd,
obscene, or offensive messages, or advocate the use of drugs or alcohol,
or refer to or identify gangs
- Grooming items, including hair spray, perfume, nail polish, or aerosol sprays
school administrator(s) will make the final decision regarding what is
appropriate dress. Violations may result in disciplinary action.